Coronavirus and our response
EOS-LD Distribution is closely monitoring the development of the 2019-nCov epidemic as part of its operational activities, the company activates a plan to protect its employees without interrupting the timely and safe delivery of supplies to its customers.
Security measures in a Covid-19 situation
To date, EOS-LD Distribution has taken the following actions:
- Activates a procedure to protect the health and safety of its employees while ensuring regular service to its customers;
- Implement a plan for recommendations regarding securing safe deliveries, including steps to limit your drivers' contact with your business;
- Instruct its staff to practice proper and timely hygiene, such as hand washing as recommended by the European Centre for Disease Control and Prevention;
- Implemented a practice of taking the temperature of its employees at the beginning of the work day as well as a plan for hourly sanitation of all contact points and areas in the office and warehouse;
- Discontinue all employee travel outside of what is business critical;
- Ensure a procedure for working from home for employees potentially at risk of contamination, with the Company Director coordinating the allocation of functions and carrying out supervision by units and departments of the company;
- Arrange for employees who experience signs of flu-like illness not to report to their workplace and to seek medical attention promptly if necessary;
- Postpone attending meetings in groups for the duration of the national emergency;
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Covid-19?
- Covid-19 is a respiratory disease that was first discovered in Wuhan, China. It is spread from person to person and symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath. Symptoms can appear in 2 and up to 14 days after infection.
How is Covid-19 spread?
- Covid-19 is spread mainly by contact with an infected person through respiratory droplets generated when a person, for example, coughs or sneezes, or through droplets of saliva or nasal secretion.
Is it safe to handle packaged food or receive merchandise from any area where the Coronavirus has been reported?
- According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Covid-19 is spread from person to person. Like other viruses, it is possible for the virus that causes Covid-19 to survive on surfaces or objects. Therefore, maintaining good hygiene practices is critical.
Is Covid-19 transmitted through food?
- According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Covid-19 is spread from person-to-person and there is currently no evidence to support transmission through food.
Who do I contact if I have further questions?
- Please contact your EOS-LD Distribution representative if you have any questions or concerns about this matter or the actions we are taking to protect our associates, customers and our business.
What can I do to stop the spread of COVID-19?
- The actions you can take to prevent getting or spreading Covid-19 are simple but very effective:
- Wash your hands often to protect yourself from germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Cancel work, school and household duties if you are ill and stay at home.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or mask when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice other good healthy habits: get a good night's sleep, be physically active (as much as possible), drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.