Lescure is one of the most popular French dairy brands (butter and cream) produced by Bongrain, SA. Lescure's milk comes from the Charentes-Poitou region of France, which, due to its climatic conditions and characteristic pastures, gives it a specific texture and taste that have brought the brand worldwide popularity.
Lescure's milk comes from free-range cows. According to studies, it contains five times more saturated fat (CLA-conjugated linoleic acid) than that obtained from grass-fed cows. CLA is a group of chemical constituents with proven positive effects in atherosclerosis (to "heal" arteries), helps boost immunity and helps with being overweight (stimulates fat breakdown).
Advantages of cream Lescure:
- Delicate taste and balanced, white texture;
- It takes about 2 minutes to whip with a hand mixer as it holds its volume permanently without liquefying;
- When used as a cream it has a thick yet fine texture;
- Gives a rich texture and delicate flavor to sauces when used as a thickener;
- In creamy form, it can hold its volume for up to 24 hours.