- Manufacturer Information:
Delifrance is a leading French producer of frozen baked goods and croissants. The company's history dates back to the beginning of the last century with the establishment of the largest mill in France. In 1978, the company launched frozen bakery products with the introduction of the "frozen baguette." Today, Delifrance has a market share in 20 countries and follows a strategy of introducing 300 new products per year.
Ready to bake technology involves partially baking the product before it is frozen for storage. Raw dough is baked to 80% of standard baking time. This process partially destroys the micro-organisms in the yeast, and the proteinaceous and starch create the conditions for a sterile and stable internal structure of the dough without creating a crust on its surface. This slows down the maturing of the dough.
The product can be easily transported and stored until needed. Its packaging prevents moisture loss. In addition to the long shelf life of the product, the ready-to-bake technology enables it to be prepared quickly and conveniently, at an easily predictable cost and with an always consistent taste.
- A product that is easy to prepare without requiring special staff training;
- Always the same in appearance and taste;
- As an alternative to products requiring a "ripening process," it reduces operational costs of distribution, handling and storage;
- During baking the dough has no risk of destroying its structure, i.e. there is no risk of the crust of the finished product peeling or flaking;
- The product reaches its optimum volume after baking.